Monday, August 31, 2009

The Traverse City Brewfest was a great event. Plus, I actually networked. I had they brewer from New Holland Brewery ask me to, "give [him] a call as soon as [I] have a harvest." That made me very happy. What also made me happy was that my friend and fellow organic grower, Brian tells me that all the brewers at the 'fest (and there were many) are all expecting organic hops at around $20/pound. WOW!! that would float my boat, since next year I'm expecting 1/2 a harvest since its my first year and only getting around 2000 lbs. If I get the expected 5000 lbs a couple of years later, Dela's going to college!! I must also say that the Brewfest came at just the right time. I was in need of some happy thoughts about this endevor. I always get a little down when I write $7 K checks, but the trellis poles will be here in about a month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment